I think the real name for the spread is something else. It is taken from the Tarot Lovers calender. I plan to do all the monthly spreads the first week of that month with whatever deck I happen to be working with. This time is a toe-spread! Think of a problem you have, lay out 5 cards in a row, like toes on your left foot (I am a leftie so it suits me well) then one card under them all for a heel (extra support)
My problem: What to do about feeling so tired and stuck.
1. Feelings I have about the problem (for the pinkie toe) 99 of Swords. This is one of the ‘extras’ in Silicon Dawn, I left them all in. Here I clearly see that I am overthinking it all, perhaps thinking more about being stuck then actually being stuck. Dreading feeling tired more then actually being so. Yes, it is there but I over-dramatize it all. It’s not the end of the world to feel out of sorts at times.
2. Something I think is a factor but really isn’t. 19 Sun (reversed as to emphasis that it is all in my head) I tend to believe that I suffer from SAD (Seasonal affliction syndrom) or something like that. But I never had a doctor telling me that this is what is wrong. I had doctors trying to medicate me into something like a zoombie but I quit that. Sertralin makes life bearable for a lot of people but it just never did anything for me and it was a nitemare to get off. Of course the Sun is always welcome when it comes, both in tarot and the real thing. But lack of it is not really my problem here. (if there even is one)
3. One aspect I know exist but is reluctant to deal with. The Devil. I know what this is and I don’t want to talk about it. lol. Ok then, I have really hard falling asleep without any kind of sleeping aid. And when I do take something it knocks me out the rest of the day. We are getting close here, right? No wonder I am tried so often when I either don’t sleep at all, or am too whoozy from last nights sleeping aid. I need to deal with it.
4. A hidden hitch in the works. King of Pentacles/fire. Really? No idea what this is. Some dude in a sombrero looking flashy. The book describes him as Air of Fire and a braggart extrovert. This is so not me. I’ll leave it for now. This could be some energy I need, or a partner in the works (sounds unlikely) Actually he looks a little like my neighbour and friends husband, the one whos cologne I can smell for 20 minutes after he left in the staircase.
5. The biggest contributor. (the big toe of the matter) Another extra card and one not even on the site. It is the invisible white spiral on white. I thought of a card from Morgans Tarot when I got this one. A card that say something like’ The universe is unfolding as it should’ for of course it does, it has to, how could it unfold any other way? This is all meant to be and I should not worry about it. This is my hiatus, my cocoon, my life-support floating tank… It is as it should.
6. Best way to improve the situation. Page of Pentacles/fire (reversed) Painting the walls. Letting loose. Just the other day I picked out a few of my old journals and took a photo of them, just looking at how different they are. Some artsy and pretty, others cheap and worried, all of them filled with scribbles and of me! I think I might be doing it right.