This is me, a living dead inside a library.
The monster is of course this depression. It makes it hard to even speak, it overwhelms and mutes me.
This one had been on the whislist a long time when a friend from a forum messaged me that she migth have one extra So this will be the deck of the week. Also reading about the Rory’s storycubes again I think I will pull those out again too, starting tomorrow.
Gareth Knight is a chunky and charming deck, like a simpler Thoth made in the 70:ies. At least that is the vibe of it. The minors are all pip-like but still rather expressive in an abstract way, the courts are very nice though. The LWB is quite thourough with the majors and just gives the GD titles for the minors.
This deck has been OOP for some time and I am really happy to have it in my hand. Right now I don’t really got a ‘pipe-dream’ deck. (Well, maybe a vintage edition of the Thompson-Leng or a Frown Strong)
Burst of energy, creativity, inspiration etc. What I get from this card today is ‘Do it!’ And if you don’t know how then fake it. I’ll get the hang of it soon enough. In the background is Hermes, all about quickness, the messenger of the Gods but quite often with his own agenda. For me this is a warning to not take everything at face-value.
Cards used this week have been from the lovely Tarot of Prague by Magic Realist Press. It is one of my favorite decks and I am lucky enough to own a first edition and no, it will NEVER be for sale
I also want to add a little note that I made a book-blog only in swedish though. I have been on Goodreads a while now and tried to review in my rather wobbly english, here is an oppertunity to review in my own language, with no censorship, no angry author comments, no deleted reviews and I won’t even drive traffic to Amazon! Click the image to see it.
Breakfast (already ate the ciabatta with soft cheese) The tarot spread I use is knitted by mom, the tarot bag I made myself by hand since I don’t own a sewing machine. I can see it needs an ironing though. I picked the title for this post cause I lack imagination today and sometimes a pun is the closest to hand.
On the card is a women, blindfolded, encircled, frozen, immobile. Just by her feet a bear also in chains discovered that the ball that tied him was actually an apple (how clever is not that!!) But she can’t see that now, can she? Or perhaps she just doesn’t care anymore. Being the victim has it’s benefits too (or so many of us wouldn’t place ourselves there so often)
This card today has given me a lot to think about, and it ain’t so pretty. Like why am I still living here on benefits, why am I still single, why do I not get the help I need to fix my life, at least patch it up a bit more.
Big sticks, a little like opinions. We all got them and we either keep them to ourselves, flaunt them or hit others in the head with them. Take a pick. This is the second appearance of the World. I take my que from her then. Handle your opinions/wands with grace. Lashing out won’t get anything done.
Oh funny note: Went to the library today and actually heard the librarian talk about how some people just read too much! *jaw dropped* I took my bundle of 6 books home anyway, like an addict with the weekly ration of illicit drugs.
I will just keep this one post updated instead of making new ones all the time:-D
Had a little nap and dreamt of Moomin!
Haruki Murakami – 1Q84 (about 55% in)
Alice Munro – Lives of girls and women (38% in)
Challenges: (too tired for more challenges)
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I am doing so much better then I though. It is 1am here and I just stepped out of the shower and feel refreshed and ready to go! Did rest my eyes while listening to ‘The wings of the dove’ though.
2) What have you finished reading? 1 short story, 1 essay book and 1 novel
3) What is your favorite read so far? I have to say the essays by Jonathan Franzen since he is a new author to me and I had some preconceived ideas about him.
4) What about your favorite snacks? See image just above…
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I found just a few since I haven’t really started my rounds yet, was gonna do that when the tiredness set in.
Book-trailer challenge: I picked a book I really want to read. ‘Wonder’ by R.J. Palacio (you can’t blend in when you were born to stand out)
Hour 7 challenge: (Nisaba be praised)
‘Tengo wrote a story about the Little People and their deeds. Eriko furnished the basic story and Tengo converted it into an effective piece of writing.’
‘Tengo curdled a story about the Hexes and their potions. Eriko elucidated the nocturnal boil and Tengo splattered it into an thankful piece of spleen.’
ok another using a random word generator (and this is so stealing reading time…)
‘Aomame severely distorted her face in the gloom. She had to try her best to follow what this man was saying. “Are you telling me that I was transported into this other world of 1Q84 by Tengo’s storytelling ability…’
‘Aomame vividly protected her ignorance in the gloom. She had to clean her camel to follow what this man was sharing. “Are you telling me that I was buried into this buttered toast of 1Q84 by Tengo’s sinful folly…’
Hour2 mini-challenge (From River City Reading) is to connect the book we read with a song. I am right now reading Jonathan Franzen ‘Farther away’ and since it is about authors and bird watching and especially about the suicide of his good friend David Foster Wallace the song I picked is by The Beatles – Blackbird
Books read so far:
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Alice Munro one ‘Lives of girls and women’
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My own violet flavoured macaroons! And coffee of course.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Tarot reading librarian (unemployed though) that loves cats, baking, taking photos and read (obviously) Childfree and single with cat (Charlie)
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my second and a half (utterly ‘failed’ the last one, was sick and in a horrible mood and just went to bed) I think this time I prepared a lot more to listen to then before since my eyes are kinda bad. Also planned in some breaks and even a nap.