I will just keep this one post updated instead of making new ones all the time:-D
Had a little nap and dreamt of Moomin!
Haruki Murakami – 1Q84 (about 55% in)
Alice Munro – Lives of girls and women (38% in)
Challenges: (too tired for more challenges)
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I am doing so much better then I though. It is 1am here and I just stepped out of the shower and feel refreshed and ready to go! Did rest my eyes while listening to ‘The wings of the dove’ though.
2) What have you finished reading? 1 short story, 1 essay book and 1 novel
3) What is your favorite read so far? I have to say the essays by Jonathan Franzen since he is a new author to me and I had some preconceived ideas about him.
4) What about your favorite snacks? See image just above…
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I found just a few since I haven’t really started my rounds yet, was gonna do that when the tiredness set in.
Book-trailer challenge: I picked a book I really want to read. ‘Wonder’ by R.J. Palacio (you can’t blend in when you were born to stand out)
Hour 7 challenge: (Nisaba be praised)
‘Tengo wrote a story about the Little People and their deeds. Eriko furnished the basic story and Tengo converted it into an effective piece of writing.’
‘Tengo curdled a story about the Hexes and their potions. Eriko elucidated the nocturnal boil and Tengo splattered it into an thankful piece of spleen.’
ok another using a random word generator (and this is so stealing reading time…)
‘Aomame severely distorted her face in the gloom. She had to try her best to follow what this man was saying. “Are you telling me that I was transported into this other world of 1Q84 by Tengo’s storytelling ability…’
‘Aomame vividly protected her ignorance in the gloom. She had to clean her camel to follow what this man was sharing. “Are you telling me that I was buried into this buttered toast of 1Q84 by Tengo’s sinful folly…’
Hour2 mini-challenge (From River City Reading) is to connect the book we read with a song. I am right now reading Jonathan Franzen ‘Farther away’ and since it is about authors and bird watching and especially about the suicide of his good friend David Foster Wallace the song I picked is by The Beatles – Blackbird
Books read so far: